Friday, April 29, 2011

Now Is a Perfect Time to Make Crowns the New Fedoras

So the day arrives and you finally get invited to the Royal Wedding. Sweet.  You plan for months on what to wear, how to get there. It's gonna be so much fun.  Wow! Your seat is so close you can smell the Queen's perfume!  You get there early, chat it up with some randoms around you, send your friends pictures of how cool you are and how they suck for being in their flats in their pajamas, update your Twitter to brag.  Then these two peaches sit in front of you.

  
What the what? 2 points for America.
Seriously? Really, seriously? Someone had to look though what looks like a bird exploding and a sculpted butterfly to see Will and Kate tie the knot.  Not cool.  I am all for a hat, but what the goodness is going on?

Canoe?
 

UFO? 


tumble head first into a garden?


wind blew it forward?


I am in no means saying we are high and mighty in our fashion across the sea.  We have jeggings, Sketcher Shape Ups, pleather and shirts that look like this:

500 points for England

I am one of the zillion people that watched it at the butt crack of dawn this morning.  I thought that it was well done, as I suspected.  I was trying to figure out how Kate Duchess Kate was going to wear sleeves and make it look modern, and I think she (and the lead designer for Alexander McQueen) mixed modern, and conservative well.  Basically, it made me really want to go to England again.  I  heart England.  I'm not sure if it was that it was 4am but there were boring parts.  The words were impossible to make out in the music and I was hoping the Queen would at least do a fist pump at the end of the anthem.  It might have been because I saw a great T-mobile commercial and was secretly hoping that it might happen.

The Prince William and Prince Harry actors look spot. on.

God Save the Queen. (fist pump or not...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment