Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holy Smokes!

My vice is shopping.  For the majority of Boulder it smells like their vice is smoking the weed.  They have 4/20, I have Black Friday.  Now I don't imagine 420ers to come to my yearly event, but I went to see what their business was about.

After seeing the crazy that is CU-Boulder on 4/20 at 4:20, I am fo sho sticking to Black Friday for a few reasons.  Financially I think we are, for the most part, even.  Legally, I win.  Mentally, I suppose one could study whilst on the gange.  Although, math can be incorporated into shopping. Soooo...I say those cancel each other out.  Physically, shopping totes takes the cake.  I've never seen or heard of someone totally getting their work out on while high. (Is that cool to say anymore? Should I say "blazed"? or "toking"? Ohhh..."faded"??)  Also, the after activity of snacking has never been beneficial to the diet.  Shopping on the other hand works out by walking (or sprinting, tripping, stabbing on Black Friday), and most malls even have morning speed walkers that circle for exercise.  Hooray for fake exercise!

Granted I may never understand the full hilarity of Half Baked, Dazed and Confused,  How High or anything by Cheech and Chong.  But will the stoners understand my love of a solid shopping montage?  I. Don't.  Think.  So. With shopping scenes from European Vacation, Pretty Woman, Mannequin and Clueless (Sex and the City was left out on purpose. Gag.) one who does not love the sport of shop will not embrace these moments of awesome on the same level.

Now, onto my afternoon.  Well, actually from 4 to 4:35.  I left my apartment at 4, dressed in black and yellow (go Buffs), because I wasn't sure what the police sitch would be or how large the mass amounts of "students" were going to show up due to the poor weather.  Let me just tell you, a little chilly weather does not keep the people at bay.  I got there and shimmied my way into a spot near a staircase, which is where I stood the whole time because I didn't want to go into the bowl o' smoke.

 
The walk to Norlin Quad. Pretty tree.


First glance.  Holy moly.


 That is neither fog nor marine haze.



 For a school that does not support or endorse this event, it sure was nice of them to put numbers up on the light posts so people can find their friends. 


Pirates? Seriously?


 Hello Sir.


The paparazzi spot.   




Good job, guys.


This guy was pro photographer all up in here.  I tried taking a picture of his picture.  Genius.






That is the library on the right.  It is empty at the moment I took this...and 90% of the people here don't even know what it is.


This tree could not get a government job after today.


The sun isn't out.  Take off your sunglasses, fools.

If you've seen one smoke out picture with 5 thousand people on a college campus, you've seen them all.  So here is the video with my super Zack Morris style video camera.  I know I don't have a fancy high def. camera but it is extra blurry due to the medical marijuana smoke. 



Let me say that I do not endorse this.  There are many things in this world that I do not endorse, but I want to see.  For example, the time I drank snake blood in Vietnam and they had a monkey in a cage outside waiting to be dinner. (sad face)  I don't endorse people eating monkeys, but I wanted to see it.  If this offends you, I suppose I am sorry.  But then again, you are the one that got this far in the blog post.  Go have a beer.

Retail,  Herb, & Monkeys

UPDATE: The official estimate is 10,000 people.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is HILARIOUS. I love the photos. Thanks for documenting for us!

    And yeah, I think the cool thing to call it now is "medicinal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I thought this was funny and an amazingly odd event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they bring the dead frozen guy out and put a bob marley hat with built in dreds on him for this event? Hilarious comment about the tree, Best Friend.I'm still not sure how this is legal...

    And I wouldn't want to see people eating monkeys...reason #7 we're different.

    Lol, Erin

    ReplyDelete