Thursday, April 7, 2011

Colorado is Average like a 2.0 GPA

People frickin' love Colorado.  Sure it's nice.  I have mixed feelings on the changing of the seasons.  Call me a state elitist, but California is better.  These are the things I don't like about Colorado:

1.  Colorado has yellow stop lights that flash.  What is that about??  I learned that it means you need to yield.
2.  People stop before they merge into a freeway/highway. 
3.  No In-N-Out
4.  People don't wear shoes...in public. Grown adults.  Come on people, even Jesus wore Birkenstocks! :)
5.  Snow*
6.  They have the Broncos.
7.  Air is ridiculously d-r-y.  Like my dream is to lay in a bath of lotion and dry off with a lotion towel.
8.  The smell of patchouli is everywhere.  It smells like dirt, weed and feet. Yuck.
9.  It doesn't cover for my crazy.
           *About 3 times a week, I swear the Earth moves.  Where in California I just say, "Earthquake."  Here I have no excuse.  It must be the shakes.*

Before angry people not wearing shoes throw organic beef at my front door this is what I enjoy about Colorado:
1. Snow*
2.  The mountain towns are awesome and all have a different, and weird quirky thing about them. Example: Nederland has a weekend festival called "Dead Guy Days."  Yup.  They haul out a dude who has been cryogenically frozen and have a twisted version of Halloween in March.      

Peace, Love and California  ==>  Which reminds me! Look what I just bought off of Etsy! I'm super pumped about it.  Shocker...she is from California. 

This is what she says about it, "America in my book" is an illustration of the United States, based on silly (and I might add ignorant) stereotypes through the eyes of a Californian (me).

(Allow me to try this one more time)
Peace, Love and SoCal

3 comments:

  1. I could be TOTALLY wrong on this, since I'm not even there yet, but is the no shoe thing only in Boulder? I heard it was the Berkeley of CO. I was told (by my instructors) that most Californians think they're God's gift to CO...I hope I don't miss CA too much :( BTW, I love the Etsy purchase...and I love Etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It TOTALLY is the berkely of Colorado! and it is the only place where people don't wear shoes, but still have brand new Ibooks...ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Berkeley, but I assume it is. When we go out to Denver, it feels normal. I'm just stuck in the Boulder bubble 98% of my time. So I get fed up with it. I totally see that Californians think they're God's gift to CO, cause we are! j/k (sorta). Colorado is nice and it can be fun, it is just super different. I like the busyness of California and the weird/fun people and friends. Plus, I want to be closer to my nephews :)

    ReplyDelete