Sunday, May 29, 2011

Five Guys! High Five!

Just went to Five Guys for the first time...and I have opinions.  Having heard the recent excitement with everyone comparing Five Guys as the new In-N-Out here is my highly scientific experiment. (a.k.a. just plain eating). Here is what I think in chart form.

In-N-Out Tie Five Guys
Meat *
Bun *
Toppings *
Price *
Ambiance *
Ease of access to my apt. *

First off, let's just have a round of applause for my first HTML edit.  Yes, I realize it must look like the work of a 3 year old for those computery people out there. But...excuse me while I pat myself on the back.

Now, onto the matter at hand.  In-N-Out vs Five Guys.  Now the ever amazing out of this world chart shows what looks to be a tie.  I am choosing............................................................................................ 

 as the winner!

While the meat is important, it is a tie. If I had never had an In-N-Out bun before, this wouldn't be an issue.  But having had an In-N-Out bun I have to say that it is what I'd imagine a kiss from an angel to be like.  Five Guys totes won out on the toppings, mainly due to the addition of mushrooms which might I say are not an extra fee.  Speaking of fees, mushrooms shouldn't be an extra fee seeing that for 2 burgers (one single, one double), 2 regular size sodas, and a regular size fry was about $18.  Not an arm and a leg, but a little high for my tight Dutch wallet.

Now, only 48 days until I can get my fix!

6 comments:

  1. Fries: Five Guys by a MILE. I don't need any other fries having had their fries, AND they have malt vinegar there. In-N-Out fries were not only nothing to write home about, but they were actually bland and not even as good as your garden variety fast food fries.

    Fries are important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I had commented, but it's not appearing. And since EG commented about fries, now I have to try to recreate my old comment.

    But, I'm sleepy.

    So, I'm going to go with: I don't like Five Guy's fries. I like In-N-Out's better, I think. (Really, I don't remember, but I'm always disappointed by Five Guys'.) Also, shakes. In-N-Out has better shakes. (I don't actually know if Five Guys has shakes, but that's irrelevant to this argument. Not really.)

    Did I mention I'm tired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In and Out! or Smashburger, but I don't think there is one in Colorado. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that I am somewhat of a fry connoisseur, and neither of the fries at 5 Guys or In-N-Out blow my hair back. McDonald's fries are always amazing. If I want crisscut then Carl's Jr. is the way to go. If I want a little bit thicker, then The Hat is amazing, BUT you must salt them first, then roll up the bag for the ride home and then they will be all mushy delish.

    As for Smashburger. I do enjoy me some Smashburger. There is one down the street from me in Boulder actually. I tried it on a whim because Chipotle was packed, so I wasn't in the right mindset to judge them fairly since I was craving a barbacoa burrito bowl. I must return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you post all about this engagement thing, and I come back to the fries.

    What the hell does McD's do to make their fries so damn perfect? I hate them for making me love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, to verify I'm human, the word I had to type in was "coofer." It sounded offensive, but then I looked up the actual meaning, and...

    Coofer: A person who kicks pigeons for hobbies.

    ReplyDelete