Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Miss --> Mrs

As many of you most likely know by now Mr. Alex decided to make me his Mrs. Morgan.  We are super excited, and if I didn't respond to any of your e-mails, voicemails (haven't even checked those yet), Facebooks, texts, IMs, BBMs -- I don't hate you.  There are a million questions everyone wants to know, so I think this is saving my texting/typing fingers and Alex from hearing the same story again and again.  All around, a blog world win.

Basically this is what I've been getting asked: What?! OMG! When did it happen? Pictures! How did he do it? Pictures! Where are you getting married? Am I invited? Pictures! When is the wedding? What does the ring look like? For the love of God, pictures!

Let me start out by saying, Yay! We are very excited and am super stocked everyone else is equally, if not pee your pants, more excited! :) Now onto the Q&A.

When did it happen?
Sunday afternoon in Golden, CO on our way to Winter Park for our mini vaca.

Did you see it coming?
 Nope. Having a day or so out of Boulder to see random mountain towns isn't super different for us.  I like getting the heck outta here to see what is out there.  This wasn't uber random.  Plus, he seemed pretty calm.  Here is a picture I took of him before.
See? Calm. Only weird thing is that he is wearing a polo shirt.

How did he do it?
We pulled over at a look out point cause it was pretty.  Then I decided it was too hot and "my butt crack is sweating, let's go."  (I'm romantic.)  Then he realized he had to get this show on the road, so said his deal.  Which is between us...and I don't think I can remember all of it if my life depended on it. (Sorry, Alex.)  But the important part was that I said "yes"...well..I said "of course" to be technical.  Then I said, "That was nice of you!" like he brought me a freaking coffee or something. 

When is the wedding?
Who knows.  Maybe late Spring/summer/early Fall of 2012.  No idea, cause this JUST happened.

Where is the wedding?
Southern California.  LA and south.  We are open to anywhere in that area.  We can have it in a bowling alley with In-N-Out as long as everyone has fun, and there is an open bar.  Other than that, I really don't care.  My mom says, "It's about the marriage, not the wedding."  Word to that.

Am I invited?
Sure.  But bring your own bowling shoes.  I'm not renting them out for everyone...come on now.

What does the ring look like?
You know Kim Kardashian's ring? Not like that, thank God.  This is more Morgan and he picked it out and designed it himself.

He did good! (Oliver is napping in the background. He is ferocious.)

Thanks Erin for showing me the macro setting! Life changer!

Alex chose the setting cause he loved the profile view.


What about the bachelorette/bachelor party?
Don't know when or where. But probably a joint one, and something with a pool and barbecue.

I think I covered my grounds.  If I didn't answer everything, feel free to ask below so I have them all in one lovely spot.  Here are a few more pictures from our trip.

Celebration snack at Carls Jr! There are not too many choices in the mtns. and nothing beats criss cut fries and fried zucchini anyway.  (PS- look at my new shorty hair!)

If your days don't involve a buffalo drinking a beer, then you my friend, are having a bad time.

That's uhh...Crystal champagne.  NOT Cupcake sparkling wine. Bling bling.  ;)

"what the bejesus have I done?"

Winter Park

Self photos don't turn out super awesome, but look, it's us!

It looks cold, but it was probably 80 degrees.

Going through the gorge back to Golden.
Thank you everyone for all your support and funness (yup. said it.) over the years.  Who knew a hick and a nurse would end up together!

 Halloween 2006

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. Congrats! Very exciting. And THANKS for sharing. These are my favorite kinda posts :)
    ps-i loooove cupcake wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ADORE you. and this entire blog post. and i'm so so excited, and i happen to LOVE the profile of you ring. . . also, i'll drive the in n out truck (but only if it doesnt require me to wear a hair net). . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing for all of us nosey people. The ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend. Love the blog and all the details and of course the beautiful pics. Im so excited for you guys! Cant wait to give you big hugs in person!

    ReplyDelete