Friday, March 11, 2011

Ima Blog When I Waaaant To....

:::sang in the tune of "You Can Dance If You Want To" by Men at Work:::

Ima blog when I want to
We've got all your life and mine
As long as we abuse it
Never gonna lose it
Everything will work out right
I say, we can blog if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Because your friends don't blog
And if they don't blog
Well they're no friends of mine

Now, that just isn't true.  Your friends are friends of mine. (that isn't true either)  Basically, my honeymoon blogging stage is over.  It went fast, I know.  I was trying to think about what would be too much blogging, and what wouldn't be enough.  Last Saturday, I really wanted to write but then realized I didn't want to go blog crazy, so I held it in.  Then I got busy and/or forgot, and well, I think I've figured out my where my blog-life and life-life meet at this point.  I'm just going to blog when I want to.  I've learned that I can blog multiple times a day and not post right away.  Well, wooooweeee I think I found my happy blogging ground. 

News on the Morgfront is that Alex got offered a job in Golden (where they have the Coors factory) as a paid volunteer (paid and volunteer, I don't understand it entirely either) firefighter!  So, that is a huge step for him.  I have learned that a lot of full time fire stations will not hire someone without previous experience so he is getting the experience with a few dollars on the side.  (Plus, the few dollars can always be used for my weekly Girl Scout cookie habit.)  Golden better watch out, with Alex on their team, they're going to have sooo many ...not fires.

 *not at all edited. totally real*

In not happy news, the earthquake in Japan is horrible.  Everyone I know or friends of friends (hey...I guess they are friends of mine) that are in Japan have been accounted for.  Having traveled there when I "studied" abroad eons ago, the main thing I took away from Japan was that the people were extremely, nice, friendly and happy.  I remember my friend Jackie and I wanted to see a Geisha, but realized it would be equivalent to flying to LA and asking to see a celebrity.  They are few and far between and you never know exactly where or when you'll see them.  With that in mind, we ran across a lady and her mom taking a walk after dinner and with their broken English and our fabulous use of charades they understood what we wanted to see.  They walked with us for 3 hours trying to find a Geisha.  Finally, we decided to put them out of their misery say our good byes and chalk it up to a solid effort.  2 minutes after saying good bye, the mom and daughter came running after us motioning for us to come back.  They actually found a Geisha and we got pictures of her just as she was getting into a car.  They seemed just as excited as we were, which makes me think it may have been equivalent to us walking around LA and finding Ray Liotta. (Love him. Don't judge me.)  I'm bummed I can't find the picture right now, but I will have an update when I do.  For now here is a picture I took of a cute little girl painting in front of Hiroshima, which I think is far enough south to be away from most of the drama.

    
My friend just posted this on Facebook and  I thought it was relevant and cute. "The 6 year old I nanny for just asked me why everyone is so sad that Sue Nommy is in Japan."
Keep Japan in your thoughts and prayers.   Stupid Sue Nommy.

1 comment:

  1. I think we should try to get that picture of me in my "fire gear" into a calender of some sort...

    ReplyDelete