Wednesday, September 14, 2011

IT'S FAAAALL!

Growing up in Southern California there isn't really a "fall".  My mom use to complain (actually she still does) about not having any seasons and it's always be greeted with, "Whoooo caaaares, mooooom?"  Well, I get it now.  Yes, mom. I. Get. It.

Last year, I got my first taste of the Colorado fall.  I loved it, and now I feel like I've earned it this year.  I suffered through horrible winter, and a scorching summer. (Yes, supposedly spring was in there, but by the time I realized it, it had already passed. [woah...comma city])  Now I'm READY! All of my long sleeves and cute sweaters are washed, ironed and hung up.  They are all set to be worn.  I'm ready for apple pie, windy weather, leaves changing colors, apple cider and wearing boots without my feet sweating.

Looking back to my childhood, I think I always knew I liked fall.  My friend, Emily and I use to run around in her front yard (why look crazy in the back yard, when you can do it in front of the neighbors?) in our bathing suits just as it started to cool off around November.  We would do that for about 20 minutes then run inside put on warm clothes and drink hot chocolate.

Now I get to live a real life "Baby Sitters Club" movie, minus the babies and the sitting.  Yes, I realize that the cold/evil winter is going to rear its nasty head soon.  But I'm ignoring that temporarily and listening to my fall music: Ari Hest, Christina Perri and the soundtrack to Garden State.

OH MY GATOS! How could I write about Fall and not talk about Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Sweet Baby Jesus, I am a happy camper. 

3 comments:

  1. Is it raining like crazy up there? It's monsoon season here!! Hooray for PSLattes and the Garden State soundtrack! Hope to see you soon!! Maybe we'll celebrate your birthday up there!

    ReplyDelete